Monday, September 05, 2011

First day of school and the incessant SINGING...

In the last month or two, Andra has become a NONSTOP singer. If I hear one more Twinkle Twinkle or Happy Birthday I may just shoot myself. It's cute, yeah, up to a point. And I am super amazed at how her little brain picked up language SO MUCH in the last four months or so. But I am also really glad she's at preschool now o she can burn off more energy!

She started last Tuesday at Catholic preschool. Her teachers are Sister Daria and Sister Lena. There are 20 kids in her class. She loves it...there have been no tears, and she has resisted leaving when I've come to pick her up (they are usually on the playground around 3:30 or 4:00). My own school starts tomorrow, after being delayed a week due to Hurricane Irene and the subsequent power outages.

3 comments:

Angela and David said...

Oh my goodness, they were catholic school uniforms in preschool? That is adorable.

Anonymous said...

She took duck duck with her? How funny!!!

deb aka murphthesurf said...

What precious little one! My grand baby is about this age and it is the best! OK, yes I do know how the singing can become like one of those records stuck but do enjoy it :-) Hoping you are getting all of this on video (the singing and all) so you will have it to look back on down the road. With the last of mine as a sr. in college now I realize just how fast time flies. Lots of extra butterfly kisses on the nose and hugs!